City Bouquet

Flowers in the City
 
Living in a City it's as well to make the most of flowers in whatever form they may present themselves. There's something very cheery about the flower form & all it stands for: growth; life-cycles; blossoming; attraction (reproduction); colour; fragrance. Easy to see why they appear in hospitals & courtship! Feeling emboldened by this project, I took myself off to Lewes to try out a 'Sewing Memories'  class; camera at the ready. Being on a flower / nature quest has really helped shift my focus in a healthier, more uplifting direction. On  my way to the station I came across a very enterprising little girl selling her toys. I couldn't resist the bright & cheery flower for the bargain price of 5p! At the station I noticed a flower print in the waiting room - a small thing that can make a big difference. I'd become flower-sensitive: I was seeing them Everywhere! Including the waiting room at Hove Station...
 
I also noticed, I had flowers on my handbag, dress & slip!
                        Every little counts...
 

 
Hove Station plants shrubs -
Nature plants herself!
 
 
 
Wild in Lewes


It doesn't seem to matter what form they come in - Flowers are natural vitamin boosters! They do the eye good to see them; they lift one's spirits. They may even make one's bank account grow - a flourishing business. A joy in every way....
 
Sew Far so Good
 
I loved the sewing class - learning new stitches, being inspired by teacher Marilyn's work (left), the students' work, & the additions I made to a vintage appliqued tray-cloth (below)
 
 
 
Lovely to get out of the house, learn new things. meet new people & drink lots of tea! A rare troll-free experience. I wanted to make the most of it & explore...
 
Got it Covered...
 
I wandered along to the old churchyard on the High Street. I Love lichen & the harebells(?) covering what would otherwise be a neglected grave was a beautiful thing to see. Glad to make the acquaintance of a squirrel - also paying a visit....

Nuts! I left mine at home, but trying to format these pictures is just as crazy! However, I was cheered by my flower trail; had had a good day, got lost as usual! But there were just a couple more treats on the way back to the station: Below: Nature gets the boot...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sea of Tranquility

Heaven at Devil's Dyke

Crickets vs Grasshoppers