Natural Designs

 Natural Art

In keeping with the Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild project throughout the month of June, I'm flagging up some of the artists in the Degree show at Brighton Art College who drew on Nature for inspiration. Here, first, is the work of Shannon Maddams, who drew her inspiration from the book: The Secret Garden:


          

And,Grace Walford's Print Perennials:


Blown Away

Day 6: #30DaysWild2022 Popped into my local park to see what called to me: a bright, sunshiny Dandelion - like a miniature sunflower. I must make tea from a handful of rinsed flower heads, but am also keen to make dandelion vinegar.


There doesn't seem to be an end to how much good can be gained from the humble dandelion: king of 'weeds'!


I also discovered a track called Dandelions, which picks up on their being used for making wishes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ngl6icXkQ8 - by Ruth B;

And the band: Southside of Bombay, playing a track, What's the Time, Mr. Wolf?' from a Maori film: 'Once Were Warriors' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spf1bvMQAsU



I remember playing that game when I was a kid, and found further info about it here:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crickets vs Grasshoppers

Heaven at Devil's Dyke

Sea of Tranquility